website and apps
Last updated March 11, 2019
ViaMe respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
What does ViaMe do?
ViaMe is a software and Delivery Services company, headquartered in the United Arab Emirates. Our service is designed to connect you to a third-party courier, vehicle operator or logistics provider (the “Carrier”) to carry out deliveries on your behalf (the “Service”).
For more information about ViaMe, please see our website at www.ViaMe.ae.
What personal information does ViaMe collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Website or Apps may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
The types of personal information collected may include your name, email address, date of birth, telephone number, order details, payment details, credit or debit card details, photographic identification and your address.
The information you provide us is used for such purposes as:
- Managing and processing your orders, managing your account and provide you with any services you request;
- Processing payment;
- Fraud prevention;
- Monitoring and analyzing trends and usage to improve the Service; and / or
- Communicating with you about news and other information in accordance with your communication preferences and to respond to any correspondence you send us.
- Your telephone calls to us may be monitored and recorded for quality assurance purposes. You will be told about this in a recorded message before your call is put through to a member of staff.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website or use our Apps, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website or Apps, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website or use our Apps, where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes, to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors, and to improve the quality and efficiency of our services.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” [link] below.
If you log in using a social media service: We will collect the categories of data for which you give us permission when you initially log in with the social media service (which may include details from your profile such as your name, gender and likes).
Location information: When you use one of our location-enabled services, we will need to collect and process information about your actual GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information was recorded. Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and your account information for the duration of your usage. We keep this data for no longer than is necessary for providing our services. If you wish to use one of our location-enabled services, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for that particular feature. You can withdraw your consent by de-installing and re-installing the app and then refusing consent to your data being used for this purpose when prompted, or by changing the permissions in your device settings.
Log information: when you use the Service, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps. We use this information to improve user experience of the Service, to communicate with the Service and to better understand our users’ operating systems, for system administration and to audit the use of the Service. We do not use this data to identify the name, address or other personal details of any individual.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including LinkedIn and Facebook), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties includes your email address and your professional occupation, and we use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Who does ViaMe share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
to any other person with your consent to the disclosure
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the form that you will find at https://www.ViaMe.ae/contact-us/.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
When you use the Service, certain information may be stored locally on your mobile device using ‘cookies’ or similar technologies such as objects stored in the app’s local storage and web beacons. A cookie is a small text file used to store limited information about the user of the device. The cookies and the other analytical technologies enable us to identify how our users use the Service and so that we can continuously evolve and improve it.
Cookies and the other analytical technologies do this by storing information about your preferences on your device, including, but not limited to, the device model, manufacturer, screen resolution, device capabilities, service provider, country, and city location data.
How does ViaMe keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include encrypting your personal information in transit and at rest or the training of our staff around proper data handling practices.
- Refund/Return Policy: Recommended statement is “Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment“.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Website servers are located in France and India, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing Binding Corporate Rules for transfers of personal information between our group companies.
Our Binding Corporate Rules can be provided on request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request. Requests can be done using the form that you will find at https://www.ViaMe.ae/contact-us/.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
· If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the form that you will find at https://www.ViaMe.ae/contact-us/.
· In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the form that you will find at https://www.ViaMe.ae/contact-us/.
· You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. If you are a registered customer, you can manage your subscriptions on your account page under the privacy section.
· Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
· You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates on this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact using the form that you will find at https://www.ViaMe.ae/contact-us/.
For any Carrier-specific queries, please contact the Carrier in the first instance.